Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Falling

When you've fallen hard, when you feel there is no strength in your heart or hands where do you turn?
I find that when I am hurting, the only place to turn is Jesus Christ. But thats after I've made all my mistakes, after I've looked for relief in tears, after I've spilled my story to my family and then I look up and
the only place to go is to Him. He is my Savior, and I sing on Sundays a song that says, "He is Mighty to save!" That must mean I can rely on Him right?
Its such a simple thing to put your trust in Jesus, to pick up your dirty past and heavy regrets from your shoulders and humbly lay them down for the cleansing relief He brings when He washes you clean
and takes your burdens. Although most of the time we don't see this as simple, especially people like me, who tend to have a natural urge to take matters into my own hands. I like to make lists and I get
frustrated when they don't go how I please. I like to try to find solutions to my own problems. But guess what? I don't have the knowledge of my Father, I don't have the priviledge of seeing the whole picture.
So my vision is blurred from all of what God has going on around me, until He makes it apparent to me at the right time. Sometimes its very hard to comprehend all of Gods majesty and power and realize
that our Creator has a plan for each of us, thats what He tells Jeremiah in Jeremiah 29:11,

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord.
Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, to give you
a hope and a future."

I have found that most people in a state of crisis turn to other things to find their 'peace' but it only lasts temporarily and then when the alcohol has worn off or the drug fix is over, they open their eyes to the
same problem they are still shouldering.
If only they could instinctively know that God is what hole in their hearts that is missing. If only they would stop carrying their heavy burdens and lay them at the cross. They would be set free from their
pain, God carefully takes it upon Himself. I've know girls who try to fill their voids with a baby, heard them say, "I just know this baby will fix my heart and fill that place in my life I've been missing"
Its sad that they truly believe that is going to take the place of the Lord. But it's only because they don't fully know Him. Although some of us, myself included at times, have to learn the hard way. I've had loads of people offer advice that clearly I didn't heed because I finally get it...after the fact. 

1 comment:

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog