Tuesday, October 15, 2019

thanks EG

At my daughter's two year old doctor appointment her pediatrician asked if she puts her clothes on and off by herself following a string of other questions to which I had answered "yes", so I did. Then it occured to me that, no, she cannot. I had already answered yes so I just continued to go along answering the following questions. Today she is over 2 & ¹/² and her dad and I still help her but I've been trying to have her do it on her own. 
   Watching her "try" to get her leggings on can be somewhat comical because she barely does anything and then right away says "I can't!" And "It's too hard, can you please help?" All this made me think about my life and the way I have been responding to change. When I set out to follow through with any given thing, meal planning, a hobby, any type of schedule for myself at home for me as a SAHM and my kids- every time- I get completely caught off guard and I just think to myself, "forget it, I tried, this way doesn't work, I have to come up with something different. " ..and I keep doing this. 
    I like predictable. It makes me feel safe. The unknown, the loosely planned weekend etc.. that gives me anxiety. Well, ever since day one of being a mom it has been unpredictable and I have been trying my darndest to go with the flow. It's not my strong point. I try and I fail, over and over again. But today, watching my almost three year old give up so easily over something so small, yet so big (for her) reminded me of myself and my shortcomings with follow through. I am actually very happy to have discovered this about myself and now I can start changing. Truly going with the punches and resetting my course, even if it's multiple times a day that I run into obstacles. Because let's be honest, it will be! 
#samplemythoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog